Menu

Thursday, July 5, 2018

Updates from the MASFAA President: NASFAA and Updates to Board Positions

Greetings MASFAA,


One of the ways the MASFAA president serves the association is as an observer to the NASFAA board of directors. I have spent the past year in the “peanut gallery” at the NASFAA board meetings. 

During that time I have become very close to the other regional presidents and we’ve exchanged a significant about of information related to association management and philosophies. As a regional president, it is nice to have a peer group to go to for all of those pesky association related topics. Over the year, I have learned a great deal about my peers, but I have also been able to observe the inner workings of NASFAA. 

One highlight of the conference was to see MASFAA’s own Lori Vedder assume the role as NASFAA national chair. In addition, the conclusion of the NASFAA conference was the beginning of my move to the “big table,” meaning I will not only have a voice in board discussions, but also a vote. That also means that Marvin will now be sitting in the “peanut gallery.” 

Your NASFAA board representatives are responsible for bringing your opinions on pressing legislative issues or concerns about NASFAA up for discussion. Through this representation, I’m happy to say that NASFAA will continue to offer free testing vouchers to states and regions who buy the NASFAA training package for the next year. Your voice makes a difference, so I do hope you continue to reach out to me or Marvin to share your thoughts, concerns, or feelings for all things NASFAA.

The conclusion of the NASFAA conference means the next big event on the MASFAA horizon is the conference in October. It is hard to believe that there are just over 3 months left in my term as MASFAA president. I can promise you that we have a great conference lined up and you do not want to miss out.

I also want to update you on some changes to the MASFAA board. Ted Malone has resigned his position as Treasurer-Elect. After an AGPC discussion and consideration by the executive board, Keri Gilbert has been appointed to the position of treasurer-elect. In other board news, David Vikander has stepped down from the remainder of his term as delegate at large. After discussion with AGPC, I have appointed Alex DeLonis to serve out the remainder of his term. Alex was elected as a delegate in our most recent election and he has agreed to start his term early. I want to extend my thanks to Ted and David for their service to MASFAA, and thank Alex and Keri for stepping in to support our association goals and mission.

Nick Prewett
MASFAA President

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on a MASFAA Moments blog post! Comments are moderated, but your comment should appear shortly.