Menu

Monday, December 18, 2017

Bullet Journal Collections and People Boxes

Make sure to check out What is a Bullet Journal? the first post in this series.

Collections

Collections in a bullet journal are any related notes that do not fit into your log modules. Basically it's turning to a fresh page in your notebook and making a list or taking notes. 

I have a collection of my personal goals, my department's goals, and project ideas.

The most used type of collection for my work bullet journal is meeting notes. Keep using the bullet journal key when taking meeting notes. That way, at a glance, it is easy to see if there are items you need to do as follow-up to the meeting. 

One trick that has worked for me is that I like to place an X at the bottom of a page in the corner when everything on that page has been addressed so I know there are no outstanding items on the page. 


People Boxes

I may have watched a youtube video or two about bullet journaling (there's "about" 175,000 results). I came across Christoper Allen and his people boxes system. He divides up a page in his notebook and makes a box for each of the people he meets with on a weekly basis. He jots down things he needs to tell someone in their box. 

I adapted it to the regularly weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly meetings I attend. I keep a running list of the agenda items I need to add to each meeting and items I want to discuss with people. It helps save me from searching my big list for an item saying "tell Jane ..." instead, when I am with her, I find the box that says "Jane" and see if there is anything I needed to discuss with her.



Melissa Haberman
Financial Aid Director
University of Wisconsin Extension



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on a MASFAA Moments blog post! Comments are moderated, but your comment should appear shortly.