Menu

Monday, May 18, 2015

President's Update

(by Aaron Steffens, MASFAA President)

How can it possibly be the middle of May already? The MASFAA Summer Institute and Leadership Symposium are only a couple of weeks away and my year as MASFAA President is more than half over. Before I get too far in this blog post, I would like to thank all of the fine MASFAA members who volunteered to run for office this spring and congratulate the newly elected officer team. I would also like to thank each member who exercised their voting privileges in this election. The elections were extremely close and every vote made a difference!

Two upcoming changes to our elected board members have occurred recently; one as a result of the elections and one due to a change in profession. As Thomas Ratliff assumes the President-Elect position this fall, he leaves one year remaining on his Delegate-At-Large term. The MASFAA board recently appointed Cheryl Willard from Baldwin Wallace in Ohio to fill that vacancy beginning on October 7. In addition to the delegate change, I also accepted the resignation of Heather Gaumer as our Treasurer-Elect. Heather is stepping down from her position because she is taking on an admissions role at her institution. To that end, the board approved extending Val Meyers’ term as treasurer by one year and agreed to begin Debbie Schumm’s term as Treasurer-Elect early. I am grateful to everyone for their willingness and patience as we make these transitions.

My travel schedule has been busy the past few weeks and promises to continue that way for the near future as I work to visit each state conference. I made a quick visit to the IASFAA conference in April to deliver a brief MASFAA update and prepare the group to host the MASFAA conference this fall. Last week I attended the OASFAA Conference in Columbus, Ohio and plan to attend the ISFAA Conference in French Lick, IN at the end of May. I will stay in Indiana after the ISFAA Conference as Summer Institute, Leadership and our summer board meeting will be held the very next week in Indianapolis. I’ll be in Indiana for so long that they should make me an honorary Hoosier!!

Wishing everyone a great summer filled with relaxation and well-deserved vacation!

Aaron Steffens - MASFAA President

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on a MASFAA Moments blog post! Comments are moderated, but your comment should appear shortly.